In this section, we will study the advantages of flowchart and also the disadvantages of flowchart. Let us start by understanding what is flowchart.
A flowchart is a graphical representation of a programming language code so to relate the relations among functions. To simply the problem before coding, the programmer draws a building block with some specific geometric figures and relates the relationship.
- The flowchart helps the programmer to understand the logic of the program in a suitable way.
- With the help of flowchart, problem can be analyzed in a very effective way.
- Complex programs can be easily visualized with the help of the flowchart
- Flowchart is a convenient and very efficient method of communication.
- The flowchart is useful in troubleshooting and in debugging process.
- It is a key for correct programming and initial building.
- Although the flowchart may give you better advantage, however it sometimes results in waste of time and slows the develpoment process.
- Sometimes for a large program, the flowchart representation becomes too messy, clumsy and hard to understand for the programmer. It results in a waste of time and effort programmers put into.
- If the programmer modify in a logic, this might lead to complete redraw of the flowchart. Hence, cost you a whole lot of time.
You may look at this example to understand more: