C# is a modern, general-purpose, object-oriented programming language developed by Microsoft and approved by the European Computer Manufacturers Association (ECMA) and International Standards Organization (ISO).
C# was developed by Anders Hejlsberg and his team during the development of the .Net Framework.
It is designed for Common Language Infrastructure (CLI), which consists of the executable code and runtime environment that allows the use of various high-level languages on different computer platforms and architectures.
This language is also used to develop Web Applications, apps, and also in game development.
The below points are the reason why C# is widely used in various platform:
- It is a modern, general-purpose programming language.
- It is easy to learn and easily understandable.
- It is an object-oriented language.
- It is a component-oriented and structured language.
- It can be compiled on a variety of computer platforms.
- It is a part of .Net Framework through which memory management becomes easy.
- C# is used in almost all the developer fields such as developing applications, games and more.
Following is the list of few important features of C#:
- Boolean Conditions
- Automatic Garbage Collection
- Standard Library
- Assembly Versioning
- Delegates and Events Management
- Easy-to-use Generics
- Simple Multithreading
- LINQ and Lambda Expressions
- Integration with Windows
Some main features of C# in Details: Click Here