C++ is a powerful general-purpose, case-sensitive, free-form programming language that supports object-oriented, procedural, and generic programming. It is a mid–level language as it comprises both low and high-level language features.
C++ programming language developed by Bjarne Stroustrup starting in 1979 at Bell Labs in Murray Hill, New Jersey. It was developed as an enhancement to the C language and originally named C with Classes but later it was renamed C++ in 1983.
C++ runs on a variety of platforms, such as Windows, Mac OS, and also in the various versions of the UNIX system. C++ can be used in various platforms for development purposes such as for the development of operating systems, browsers, games, etc.
C++ supports object-oriented programming(OOPs) and hence stands on four major components and those are.
Standard Libraries of C++
C++ is consists of three major parts:
- The first one is the core library which gives the building blocks of the programming, such as variables, data types, and literals, etc.
- Second is the Standard library that gives a set of functions manipulating strings, files, etc.
- The third one is The Standard Template Library (STL) that includes the set of methods manipulating data structure, etc.
What are the Features of C++ programming Language?
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Platform or Machine Dependent/Portable
- High-Level Language
- Multi-paradigm programming language
- Case Sensitive
- Compiler based
- Rich in Library
- Memory Management
- Pointer and Recursion
Learn in detail about the features. Click Here
String Pattern Programs in C
Java Program to Find pair of Integers in Array whose sum is given Number
Program to Print Diamond Alphabet Patterns in C
Half Diamond Pattern in C using Alphabets
Half Pyramid of Alphabets in C